The following are the steps to staying sober in sober living:
(1) Don't use: No matter what happens, do not use. The temptation may be strong, but just don't do it.
(2) Pray.: Hit knees morning and night and ask God or your higher power to keep you sober and remove your desire to drink and do drugs.
(3) Meditate: Meditate 10 minutes in the morning, before dinner and at night before bed.
(4) Gratitude List: Prepare a list of 5 things you are grateful for each morning and share it with a sponsor or a sober living roommate.
(5) Get a Sponsor: The problem is you, your brain and what you think, feel and believe so get a sponsor or your problem is your sponsor.
(6) Call Sponsor: Call sponsor everyday even if only to check in and say hi.
(7) Work Steps with a Sponsor: Have your sponsor lead you through the steps. The steps provide the relief and happiness. Relief and happiness removes the desires and NEED to drink and do drugs. Work steps or be miserable until you have not other option but to drink and do drugs.
(8) Attend Meetings: Attend 90 meetings in 90 days and at least 5 meetings a week thereafter while residing in sober living.
(9) Attend Meetings offered by Sober Living: The Reserve Luxury Sober Living, Halfway House for Women and Men offer mindfulness and recovery groups, music therapy, yoga, step and big book studies and Ascension meditation workshops. Nothing is mandatory, but attend the meetings if you want relief, peace, happiness and serenity. You are in sober living, so do the sober living meetings. That is what you are there for.
(10) Treat others as you would have them treat you. This is truly the way to happiness and peace. You may not believe it now, but give it try.
(11) Work Steps 1 through 9 while in sober living and/or make at least one-half of your step 9 amends. This is where the magic happens.
(12) Read pages 86-88 every morning and at night before your "retire" as the Book puts it.
(13) Be kind, be present, be of services, be grateful and pray. Oh, yeah, don't use!
The Reserve Luxury Sober Living for Women in Nashville TN. Sober living at its finest. Call us today to reserve a spot in an Upscale Private Bedroom in a Luxury Halfway House for Women: (850) 687-9823. We also have men's luxury sober living housing. The Reserve offers a truly unique sober living, halfway house experience and offers private bedrooms and bathrooms which is prudent during Covid-19 times, Sober living in peace with the drama typically associated with small recovery house filled with 10 or more residents.
Copyright © 2019 The Reserve Luxury Sober House for Women - All Rights Reserved.